- 1. Penetrex Pain Relief Cream
- 2. Biofreeze Pain Relief Gel
- 3. InstaNatural Pain Relief Cream
- 4. Sciatic Nerve Pain Relief Pillow
- 5. FlarFX For Joint and Muscle
- 6. Omron ElectroTHERAPY Pain Relief
- 7. Herbal Heat Therapy Organic Pain Relief Cream
- 8. Ultra Flex Athletics Knee Compression Sleeve
- 9. AlleveRX Pain Relief Cream and Inflammation Formula
- 10. Thermipaq Hot/Cold Pain Relief Wrap
Whether you live with chronic knee pain or are currently suffering from acute pain, it can be difficult to know which pain relief products out there actually work. Most doctor-prescribed pain relievers can be expensive and addictive. Luckily, there are some products on the market that are not only budget-friendly and work for a wide array of problems, but really do work.
Keep reading for the top ten knee pain relief products with the top rated reviews, and see which ones will work for you.
1. Penetrex Pain Relief Cream
Penetrex works best for those who suffer from inflammation-caused pain. It’s billed as a pain relief cream for many different ailments, including arthritis and fibromyalgia, but works more as an anti-inflammatory.
- Great formula, not greasy or sticky when applied to skin
- Main ingredients are all-natural, very low risk of adverse reaction
- Can be used wherever inflammation causes joint pain
- Not instant, takes several days for full effects to appear
- Not a true pain reliever, though pain does subside due to anti-inflammation
2. Biofreeze Pain Relief Gel
Biofreeze has been around for decades, recommended by doctors, chiropractors and physical therapists alike. It’s applied directly onto the skin and when massaged in, gives almost instant relief for chronic pain. Like other pain relief gels, it’s very versatile and can be used on more than just knees.
- Easy to apply, with a pleasant menthol smell
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- Lasts for hours
- Comes in different styles, some may be more effective than others
- If not worked in quickly enough, gel can clump
3. InstaNatural Pain Relief Cream
InstaNatural combines all natural ingredients into a cream that claims to last all day. It’s simple, you apply it to your pained areas in the morning and go about your day, sans pain. In reality, you may need to apply more than once depending on the severity of pain, but it does actually work!
- Uses all natural ingredients to soothe inflammation and pain
- Good for osteoarthritis, chronic pain and inflammation
- Excellent price
- Very strong smell
- Will need to be reapplied for very strong pain
4. Sciatic Nerve Pain Relief Pillow
Taking pain relief supplements or applying creams or gels will give you the near-instant relief you seek, but what about lessening your pain in the long run? This pain relief pillow claims to do just that. If your knee problems stem from sciatic nerve damage, this pillow will straighten out your spine while you sleep, lessening the impact and ensuring you wake up in less pain the next morning.
- No medications or creams to buy regularly
- Easy to keep clean
- Very comfortable and long lasting
- If you don’t sleep on your side, it won’t help much
- Only provides pain relief for those who suffer from alignment issues
5. FlarFX For Joint and Muscle
FlarFX is not a miracle cure, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t work, because it does. Instead of making your pain go away immediately, it’s a dietary supplement that gives your body extra enzymes that it needs to resist pain and heal more quickly. It might take a few days to a few weeks to see real results, but you will notice that the onset of pain is more gradual and your resistance to it is greater.
- All natural ingredients
- Works on overall health, helping your body resist and tolerate pain better
- Price is a little high
- Takes a while to see results
6. Omron ElectroTHERAPY Pain Relief
If you’re looking for a drug-free answer to knee pain, this may be your dream come true. The Omron uses small electronic pulses to ease your muscles and relieve your pain. No pills, no creams, just two pads and a battery-operated remote. It’s easy to use, too. Just apply the pads and turn on the remote. It’s like a concentrated deep-tissue massage for your most painful areas.
- Lightweight, portable and discreet
- Almost instant relief for knee pain
- Adjustable levels of electronic pulses
- Device shuts off automatically after 15 minutes
- Higher levels can be painful
- Some people do not respond well to the electronic pulses, so doctor consultation is recommended
7. Herbal Heat Therapy Organic Pain Relief Cream
Herbal Heat Therapy is well known for their all-natural, vegan formulas. This is no exception. Because it’s all natural, it also smells a lot better than many chemical-laden topical pain relievers. The active ingredients, arnica and Msm, are proven to help with inflammation and start to relieve knee pain in just minutes.
- Great price compared to similar products
- Works within minutes
- Inoffensive smell
- Can be used in conjunction with braces and patches
- Must be massaged in really well for best results
- Some users report it doesn’t heat up enough
8. Ultra Flex Athletics Knee Compression Sleeve
When you think pain relief, compression sleeves may not immediately jump to mind. However, don’t discount them entirely. The Ultra Flex is great because it gives you incredible support, is flexible and is made of a special type of material designed to keep heat in. You will experience relief when using just the sleeve but it can also be used with topical creams or ointments for even better results throughout your day.
- Very good price for a sturdy product
- Lightweight and flexible
- Provides enough support to relieve pain all day
- Will not treat pain
- Best used in conjunction with other pain relievers
9. AlleveRX Pain Relief Cream and Inflammation Formula
Like many other products on this list, AlleveRX works quickly because it’s applied directly to your problem areas. It’s also made with natural products and works on a wide array of painful symptoms. Use it at night, when you wake up and before engaging in physical activity for best results.
- Has a cooling sensation that isn’t overpowering
- Works really well for arthritis and osteoarthritis as well as overworked muscles
- Helps regain range of motion
- Very strong menthol scent
- A little pricey for its size
10. Thermipaq Hot/Cold Pain Relief Wrap
Reusable pain relief wraps are great because they are reusable. The Thermipaq is on this list because it’s durable, holds both hot and cold temperatures very well and can be applied to problem areas with minimal slipping. For a primary pain reliever, it isn’t the most effective, but it’s always a good idea to have a set around the house. Whether you need a little something extra or for those days when you haven’t been able to stock up on creams or supplements, Thermipaq is there for you, offering you relief.
- Incredible price
- Hold their temperature for long periods of time
- Very versatile
- Durable and will last a very long time
- Not as effective as topical creams or compression wraps
- Need to be prepared in advance before using as a cold pack
- Shouldn’t be used with topical creams or ointments
Knee pain can be one of the most debilitating, difficult things to live with, especially when caused by chronic disorders or diseases. There is no real miracle cure that you can buy over the counter, but there are a lot of products out there that really do ease your pain.
All of these products will work on their own, but many sufferers of arthritis or athletic injuries find that a topical treatment, when combined with a good knee brace or compression sleeve, is the best way to go. Try a few out, see what works for you, and remember to always consult your doctor before investing in any of the above-listed chronic pain relievers.